We are excited to announce the Alpha 1 release of DataFlex 2022!
DataFlex 2022 continues to expand developers horizons with significant user-interface additions for your Web and Windows applications, evolutionary language improvements, tighter integration with SQL backends and enhanced performance, diagnostics and control over deployed web applications!
The Whats New in DataFlex 2022 - Alpha 1 section of the help details all the latest changes in the prerelease build. Weve covered the main highlights in the "Whats New in DataFlex 2022 (pre-release)" Learning Center course and also below.
- No more Argument_Size!
- Support for multi-line strings
- Date and DateTime Improvements
Web Application Framework
- Extended cWebList and cWebGrid with the ability to reorder, hide / show columns (and store the layout), new footer row and un-editable columns in grids.
- New CWebDragDropHelper class provides Drag & Drop support between and within various web controls, including WebList rows, WebTreeView items and WebTagsForm tags. The centralized handling allows developers to easily define the drag sources and drop targets and the appropriate OnDrop actions.
- cWebApp has new properties for browser language and time zone offset
- Improved table restructure by preserving more natively implemented attributes, including triggers, comments, full text indexes and also protect against accidentally restructuring system-versioned tables.
Web Application Server
- Improved process creation when max pool size has not been reached - If a request triggers the start of a new process, the request will no longer wait for that specific process but use the first one available.
- Improved process deletion when processes in excess of min pool size are no longer needed - When the process pool scales down it will do so gradually instead of stopping all processes at once.
- The process pool reports statistics to the WebApp Administrator.
- WebApp Administrator displays more information about current activity, PIDs for processes, allows for process termination and remembers its size and location.
- DFManageVDir can handle multiple levels when one of the parent levels did not exist
- New cWebView2Browser class. This component wraps the Edge WebView2 browser engine from Microsoft into a reusable DataFlex control. Use this control to display web pages or HTML snippets within your DataFlex Windows project. This new control can replace the Internet Explorer based ComWebBrowser.
- New cTagsForm class brings the same tagging capabilities to Windows applications as cWebTagsForm.
- New placeholders for Windows DEOs
To get started with DataFlex 2022:
Were looking forward to your feedback!