The DataFlex Date & Time Library is useful when working with date and time in your applications. The library is now available for DataFlex 2021 and 2022.
The DataFlex Date & Time Library
When working with date and time in your applications it is important to consider for example:
- The different timezones
- Daylight saving time
- The current system date and time
- But also the milliseconds it takes to startup a system
The DataFlex Date & Time Library contains several functions to assist with anything date and time related in your DataFlex applications.
A few functions of the DataFlex Date & Time Library are:
- CompareFileTimes - Compares two time values (earlier, equal and later)
- TickCount / TickCount64 - Retrieves the number of milliseconds that have elapsed since the system was started
- SetLocalTime - Sets the current local time and date
- SystemTimes - Retrieves system timing information
- QueryPerformanceCounter - Retrieves the current value of the performance counter
- QueryPerformancePercentage - Retrieves the frequency of the performance counter
- QueryUnbiasedInterruptTime - Gets the current unbiased interrupt-time count
- SystemTime - Retrieves the current system date and time in UTC format
- SetSystemTime - Changes the system time
- SystemTimeAdjustment - Determines whether the system is applying periodic time adjustments to its time-of-day clock
- FormatSystemTimeToTime - Formats a tSystemTime value to a DataFlex Time value using the regional settings
- TimeZoneInformation - Retrieves the current time zone settings
- TimeZoneInformationForYear - Retrieves the current time zone settings for a specific year
- SystemTimeToFileTime - Helper function to convert a time value
- SystemTimeToTzSpecificLocalTime - Converts a tSystemTime value via TimeZoneInformation to a TimeZone Specific Local Time
For an overview of all functions visit the downloads page.
Note: you need the free DataFlex Conversions Library for the DataFlex Date & Time Libary.
Download DataFlex Date & Time Library